Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some Kind of Wonderful



I just watched this movie. It had all the angst and none of the charm of earlier John Hughes films. However, my love of Mary Stuart Masterson is unwavering.

I mean, look how cool she is even in a film like this one:


Also, if you haven't seen Fried Green Tomatos, you should. Jessica Tandy. Mary Stuart Masterson. And if that doesn't convince you, there's this fabulous photo:


It was also the cause of a ridiculous controversy. Some felt there were lesbian themes, and therefore wanted to give it a higher rating, even though it contains pretty much PG, perhaps PG-13, material. I think it's partly a case of, "Oh no! Strong female characters! They must be gay!" But that's beside the point. Rating a film higher because of homosexual content is to deem homosexuality objectionable. Now, I realize that it is objectionable to some people, but so are traditional housewives, and they're still in plenty of PG films.

Also, this is the raciest "lesbian" scene in the movie (sorry for the bad quality):


Hmmm. Personally, I'm pretty sure those two women are in love, and I only wish they'd made that more obvious.

Now, if you aren't convinced you should see this movie, there's also this scene:


Ba ha ha...


No comments:

Post a Comment