Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So, you ever had a conversation that went terribly wrong?

Well, I'm in a play. And there is a short scene where the script calls for me to be naked. After first rehearsal, my director asked me to stay behind to talk about that scene. She asked me what I felt comfortable with, suggesting a little pair of panties seen from the back, and I told her it came down to body issues, rather than modesty, and as I am more fond of my top half, said I would rather show breasts than my thighs. This was agreed upon, and I imagine that it will of course be something tasteful like this:


rather than something like this:


So far, the conversation went just fine and dandy, but as I was getting up to leave, I said, "Yeah, people tend to assume I'm a prude, but I'm really not."

Did I really need to prove this to her?

In her calm and collected way, my director responded, "I wouldn't presume anything about you."

So, of course, I decide to dig the hole a little deeper.

"Yeah, well, there was this one guy that once said, 'Wait, you're not a virgin?'"

Oh yes. Let me dig this hole. Now, I realized I had probably said to much (and please imagine I am saying all of this in a really nervous, hyperactive, impulsive way...blame the ADHD while we're at it) and in an attempt to climb out of the hole, or at least throw away the shovel, I tried to keep telling the story (which isn't really a story) and ended with an awkward chuckle.

Oh me.


You know, I can be pretty cool around people I know, but around semi-acquaintances, I feel like this:



Only instead of saying nothing, I babble.

No comments:

Post a Comment