Sunday, May 16, 2010

More StumbleUpon

Here are more things I found in my days addicted to stumbling:

  1. Artists are an amazing and sometimes insane bunch:



    Check at more of his work here.

  2. A couple in Kyloe, Northumberland bought a church a while back and turned it into their home. While I don't think I would chose to live in a church, the renovation is beautiful and I certainly wouldn't mind living in a part of the world with that kind of landscape.

    10

    The best part is probably the stained glass in the bathroom.

  3. There's this guy in Finland that is trying to collect one million hand drawn, hand sculpted, hand made giraffes. It's a world wide project, and it's pretty amazing how many people have contributed. You can read that stats here. Help him out, guys! I did:



    My giraffe: http://www.onemilliongiraffes.com/?id=9550

  4. I read this interview with British philosopher AC Grayling. He called it "This Much I Know." I rather like it. Some of my favorite things that came out of it are:

    I'm a vegetarian, but I wear leather shoes. Some people say that's a contradiction; I say I'm doing my best.
    Life is all about relationships. By all means sit cross-legged on top of a mountain occasionally. But don't do it for very long.
    Every professor of philosophy needs a nine-year-old daughter.Mine has a habit of saying, "Daddy, that is a very silly idea." She is always right.
  5. This series of photographs someone found at a flea market is both beautiful and haunting. It's strange to think about the little pieces of evidence of our own lives we leave around, and how they reflect upon us.

    fl17.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment