Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Blog

I already have a blog, so this may seem a little redundant. However, my other blog fulfilled a very specific purpose: it recorded study abroad adventures. It told sometimes funny (but usually not) anecdotes about my time in France and included as many photos as I could bother to upload. Everyone wanted to know about France, so I handed out the URL to every Tom, Dick, and Harry.

And to my grandmother.

Now that I'm back at college, I have no more need for a study abroad blog, but I am compelled to write down my rambling thoughts, record strange experiences, and introduce my favorite links to others. And sometimes these things will be funny, sometimes pathetic, and sometimes ridiculous, all in the arrogant hope that someone will find it mildly interesting.

But I don't want that someone to be my grandmother.

The last thing I want to feel is censorship. There were times in France I worried over a sentence or link because I knew my grandmother would see it. And I knew she was easily shocked. For that reason, I have created a blog with some semblance of anonymity. It's not because I'm ashamed of anything I have to say. Not at all. I don't really care if you know who I am. I don't really care if you connect me to this blog.

As long as you aren't my grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment